GSDI Small Grants Program 2010-2011
It is with pleasure that the GSDI Societal Impacts Committee recommends the below listed as winners of the 2010-11 GSDI Small Grants. Additionally, the URISA’s GISCorps evaluating others for potential geospatial professional services support.
- Ethiopia - Establishment of Geospatial Metadata and Clearinghouse Node Using Open Source Solutions
POC: Information Network Security Agency (INSA); Temesgen Alemayehu
- Ethiopia - The 2nd General Congress of the GIS Society of Ethiopia Promoting the need for National Spatial Data Infrastructure of Ethiopia
POC: Geographic Information Systems Society of Ethiopia (GISSE); Dr. Dagnachew Legesse
- Zimbabwe - Zimbabwe National Spatial Data Infrastructure (ZNSDI): Making NSDI a Reality by Raising Awareness through National Workshops and Publication of an NSDI Newsletter
POC: University of Zimbabwe; Mr. L. T. Buka and Mr. Neddie Mlambo
- Indonesia - Tailor-Made SDI Workshop & Training: Use of GeoPortal for Integrating Community Data and SDI Layers in Support of Collaborative Efforts in Urban Disaster Reduction in Yogyakarta, Indonesia
POC: Gadjah Mada University; Dr. Trias Aditya
- Kyrgyz Republic - SDI Awareness Training – Central Asia (SDIaware.CA) POC: Kyrgyz GIS Association (KgGISA); Dr. Ainura B. Nazarkulova
- India - Ecologically Sensitive Areas (ESA) of Western Ghats of India-Capacity Building for stake holders for developing Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI)
POC: Open Source Geospatial - India (OSGeo-India); Santosh Gaikwad
- Philippines - Workshop for the Harmonization of Spatial Data Infrastructure and Application to the Ancestral Domain Database Information System
POC: Ancestral Domains Office, National Commission of Indigenous Peoples (NCIP); Director Myrna Caoagas
- Jamaica - NSDI Awareness CampaignPOC: Office of Prime Minister, Land Information Council of Jamaica, National Spatial Data Management Division; Ms. Cecille Blake
- Ukraine - The Development of the Thematic Component of Spatial Data Infrastructure in Ukraine
POC: Institute of Geography of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine; Dr. Putrenko Victor
- Southeast Europe - Workshop for Building Network Related to the South Eastern European Spatial Data Infrastructure
POC: Hungarian CASCADOSS Association; Géza Péter Juhász
Cash Award and the offer of professional services from GISCorp:
These two projects from Nigeria will be collaborating.
- Nigeria - Integration of Web Map Services with the current Nigeria NGDI Portal POC: National Space Research and Development Agency (NASDA); Dr. Ganiyu Ishola Agbaje
- Nigeria - Sensitization Program for the GRDC Metadata Clearinghouse Node and the Extension of its Present Capabilities
POC: Geographical Resources for Development Centre (GRDC); Anthonia Ijeoma Onyeahialam-Okoro
URISA GISCorps: These projects are being evaluated for potential support.
- Indonesia - Establishing Metadata And Clearinghouse Nodes Spatial Planning Data Policy
POC: Jaringan Kerja Pemetaan Partisipatif (Indonesian Community Mapping Network); Kasmita Widodo
- Cameroon - Development of a Geodatabase of the Activities of Councils Forests in Cameroon
POC: Centre Technique de la Forêt Communale (CTFC); Nankam Appolinaire
For more information, please visit the GSDI Small Grants Program Web site at http://gsdiassociation.org/index.php/projects/small-grants.html
Download this document here (PDF).
"The Global Spatial Data Infrastructure Association - Advancing a Location Enabled World"
Visit gsdiassociation.org for more information.