- Published: Tuesday, 18 July 2017 10:10
GIS-Pro 2017 Supports GISP Certification Goals
URISA's GIS-Pro 2017 in Jacksonville, Florida will provide an opportunity to enhance GISP applications (or recertification) and prepare for the GISCI Geospatial Core Technical Knowledge Exam®. Since 1963, URISA has been fostering excellence in GIS, by connecting people and resources in our geospatial community. URISA’s annual GIS-Pro event is THE conference for GIS professionals, with offerings and solutions for professionals at all stages of their careers.
- For those individuals planning to take the GISCI Geospatial Core Technical Knowledge Exam®: GIS-Pro 2017 will help you prepare for the exam with a program track specifically focused on GISP exam fundamentals. This is a chance to learn the key subjects areas in the Body of Knowledge that was used to develop the exam and learn tips to help prepare for the exam itself.
- For those who are working on their GISP application portfolio: GIS-Pro 2017 provides educational opportunities with eight full and half-day workshops on a variety of geospatial topics that will earn you valuable GISP points, in addition to education points for attending the full conference. There are also sessions dedicated to GISP portfolio development and important ethical considerations.
- For young professionals getting started in their GIS careers: URISA understands the importance of young professionals to the future of the profession, so we created a GIS-Pro 2017 track with a focus on Generation Z. This program track will help our next generation of professionals learn and prepare for working and succeeding in our industry.
- For managers looking to enhance their GIS leadership skills: GIS-Pro 2017 has a program track for GIS leadership and management that offers insights into organizational GIS, enhancing your staff, strategic planning, and more — all providing valuable GISP points that will help with your recertification needs.
URISA’s GIS-Pro 2017 has the content a GIS professional needs to help obtain a GISP certification for the first time AND continue earning points and incorporating essential knowledge into recertification. Learn more and register today for GIS-Pro 2017, THE Conference for GIS Professionals: http://www.gis-pro.org
Wendy Nelson, Executive Director - URISA