- Published: Friday, 29 July 2016 15:04
GSDI Assumes Chair of JBGIS
At the recent meeting of the Joint Board of Geospatial Information Societies (JBGIS) held in Prague, Czech Republic, on 13 July, Chair of the Society passed to the GSDI Association, and was assumed by Dave Lovell, the GSDI President-elect, who becomes GSDI's next President at the GSDI 15 World Conference, being held in Taipei, Taiwan, from 29 November to 2 December 2016.
Full membership of JBGIS includes:
- Global Spatial Data Infrastructure (GSDI) Association
- IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Society (IEEE-GRSS)
- International Association of Geodesy (IAG)
- International Cartographic Association (ICA)
- International Federation of Surveyors (FIG)
- International Geographical Union (IGU)
- International Hydrographic Organization (IHO)
- International Map Industry Association (IMIA)
- International Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS)
- International Steering Committee for Global Mapping (ISCGM)
The next meeting of JBGIS will be on 2 August, in the margins of the UN-GGIM 6th Forum, taking place in New York. The meeting will be attended by GSDI President, Dr David Coleman.