- Published: Saturday, 10 October 2015 14:37
GSDI Association Announces GSDI 2015 World Conference in Taiwan in 2016
The Global Spatial Data Infrastructure (GSDI) Association and the Taiwan Association of Disaster Prevention Industry (TADPI) announce the GSDI 15 Conference, to be held in Taipei, Taiwan (Republic of China) from 28 November to 2 December 2016, with strong support from Ministry of the Interior (MOI). The theme of the conference is “Spatial Enablement in the Smart Homeland”.
Taiwan is a beautiful country that also experiences frequent natural disasters from earthquakes, tropical storms, flooding and landslides. Because of these threats to the environment and population, the disaster prevention industry in Taiwan has developed advanced technology, including ICT (information and communications technology), applications for spatial data, and a policy of open data to help people prepare for disasters and to facilitate start-ups with opportunities to create innovative products and services for disaster prevention.
The people and communities of Taiwan are happy to share their experience with the world at the forthcoming conference. The GSDI Association is pleased to offer TADPI the opportunity of the GSDI 15 World Conference to achieve this aim, with strong support from Ministry of the Interior. Many other GSDI Members are also involved in research and applications relating to Smart City and Smart Territory implementation.
The GSDI 15 World Conference will take place in the city of Taipei, at the Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center, from 28 November to 2 December 2016. Potential subject areas for the Call for Abstracts and Papers (to follow shortly) include:
Smart Homeland themes:
- Smart Cities, Smart Territories and Smart Environments
- Open Data and Open Government
- Open Data Repositories
- Land Information Systems
- Observatories (environmental, citizen, health, urban)
Disaster Management, Reduction and Mitigation themes:
- Emergency Management (logistics and telecommunications)
- Risk Modelling and Assessment
- Protecting Critical Infrastructure
- Earthquake Mitigation Challenges
- Flooding and Landslides – risk assessment, mitigation and management
- Innovation in Disaster Management Technology
- Examples of Disaster Management ‘Best Practice’
Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI) Development themes:
- Location-based Services for enabling Smart Environments
- VGI, Crowdsourcing, and Citizen Science roles
- SDI in the Cloud – Challenges and Solutions
- Indoor SDI and Personal SDI Developments
- 3D/4D Spatial Data visualization and analytics
- Earth Observation
- Sensor Web / Internet of Things (IoT) and Linked Data
- UAVs and Remote Sensing
- Geospatial Big Data Management and Analytics
Save the dates and watch this space for the forthcoming official Call for Abstracts & Papers!
GSDI 15 is jointly organized by the GSDI Association and one of its two Members based in Taiwan, TADPI, with strong support from Ministry of the Interior (MOI). TADPI is a non-profit organization that facilitates members from the government and private sectors in cross-disciplinary cooperation and risk management and reduction. The ultimate goals of TADPI members are to provide turnkey solutions for disaster prevention and management to create smart, resilient and sustainable cities worldwide.
Come prepared to engage, learn and enjoy!
Additional information for prospective Sponsors and Exhibitors, as well as the official Call for Abstracts, Papers and Workshops will be published on the website by 7 December 2015.
Download the GSDI 15 World Conference Press Release here.
Download the GSDI 15 World Conference Call for Abstracts/Papers/Workshops here.
Be sure to tell you friends and colleagues!
• Deadline for submission of Extended Abstracts: 1 June
• Notification of acceptance/rejection of Abstracts: 15 June2016
• Deadline for submission of Workshop proposals: 1 June 2016
• Notification of acceptance/rejection of Workshop proposals: 1 July 2016
• Deadline for submission of full Papers and Posters: 1 July 2016
• Notification of acceptance/rejection of submitted Paper: 1 August 2016
• Notification of selection for Conference Book and IJSDIR article submission: 15 August 2016