- Published: Thursday, 10 November 2016 17:38
GSDI 15 welcomes Dr. Yinhai Wang to keynote on Smart Transportation
The 15th Global Spatial Data Infrastructure World Conference (GSDI 15) is pleased to add Dr. Yinhai Wang to the conference keynote speaker line-up. Each GSDI Association World Conference brings together engaging speakers and specialists together to explore the challenges and innovations related to increasing access to and use of geospatial data. The overall theme of GSDI 15, set for 29 November to 2 December, 2016 in Taipei, Taiwan, is “Spatial Enablement in the Smart Homeland.” It will focus on three principle sectors – Smart Disaster Prevention, Smart Transportation, and Smart Cities.
Dr. Yinhai Wang is a professor and eminent authority in transportation engineering and the founding Director of the Smart Transportation Applications and Research Laboratory (STAR Lab) at the University of Washington (UW). He also serves as Director for Pacific Northwest Transportation Consortium (PacTrans), USDOT University Transportation Center for U.S. Federal Region 10. Dr. Wang's research interests include advanced traffic detection systems, large-scale traffic system modeling and analysis, traffic operations, intelligent transportation systems, traffic safety, traffic simulation, vehicle emission analysis, and e-science of transportation. He has published 120 peer-reviewed journal articles, three edited books, one book chapter, and 51 peer-reviewed conference papers. Dr. Wang serves as a member of the IEEE Smart Cities Steering Committee and chaired the First IEEE International Smart Cities Conference in 2015. He is also active in Transportation Research Boarding, serving as member for two committees: Transportation Information Systems and Technology (ABJ 50) and the Highway Capacity and Quality of Service (AHB 40). Furthermore, he is an elected governor for the ASCE Transportation & Development Institute (T&DI) Board and will serve as president of T&DI in 2018.
Dr. Wang joins the previously announced Keynote Speakers listed below:
- Dr. Winnie Tang, Chairman of Esri China (Hong Kong) Ltd.
- Dr. Tien-Yin Chou, President of TADPI and Professor at Feng Chia University, Taiwan
- Prof Dr Menno-Jan Kraak, President of the International Cartographic Association (ICA)
- Mr. Ivan DeLoatch, Executive Director of the Federal Geographic Data Committee (FGDC) Secretariat at USGS, USA
- Mr. Mark Reichardt, President and CEO of the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC)
- Mr. Ed Parsons, Geotechnologist at Google, Inc.
- Dr. Vernon Singhroy, Canada Centre for Mapping and Earth Observation, Natural Resources Canada
- Dr. Dewayany Sutrisno, Senior Research Professor, Geomatics Research Center of the Indonesian National Coordinating Agency for Geospatial Information (BIG)
- Dr. Tso-Chien Pan, Executive Director and Professor at the Institute of Catastrophe Risk Management (ICRM) of Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
- Prof Dr Hidenori Tamagawa, Department of Urban System Science, Tokyo Metropolitan University, Japan
- Dr. Satoshi Sekiguchi, Director-General of the Division of Information Technology and Human Factors, Agency of Industrial Science and Technology (AIST), Japan
GSDI 15 Media Partners include: