- Published: Wednesday, 12 July 2017 15:12
ISO/TC 211 – Geographic Information/Geomatics - Geo Information Resource Links
ISO/TC 211 Resources
This section contain links to resources for accessing and using models and schemas from the ISO/TC211 Standards.
ISO/TC 211 - CIO Standards Tracker
• ISO/TC211 Standards tracker [ http://isotc211.standardstracker.org/ ] can be used to submit new project proposals and also any change requests to existing standards.
• Ontology representations of the ISO/TC211 Standards are maintained in the GitHub repository [ https://github.com/ISO-TC211/GOM ] for the ISO/TC211 Group on Ontology Management (GOM).
UML Models (HMMG)
• An HTML view of the Harmonized UML Model is available for Conceptual models [ http://www.isotc211.org/hmmg/HTML/ConceptualModels/ ] and Implementation Models [ http://www.isotc211.org/hmmg/HTML/ImplementationModels/ ].
• The GitHub repository [ https://github.com/ISO-TC211/HMMG ] for the ISO/TC211 Harmonized Model Maintenance Group (HMMG) contains model files, information about the Harmonized Model, and how to work with it [ https://github.com/ISO-TC211/HMMG/wikii ].
XML Schemas (XMG)
• The ISO TC211 XML Schema repository is located at http://standards.iso.org/iso .
• Each part of each standard has a directory like: http://standards.iso.org/iso/StandardNumber/PartNumber/NamespacePrefix/Version. For example: http://standards.iso.org/iso/19115/-3/cit/1.0 or http://standards.iso.org/iso/19157/-2/mdq/1.0 .
• Comments, suggestions, change requests and revisions are managed in the GitHub repository [ https://github.com/ISO-TC211/XML ] for the ISO/TC211 XML Maintenance Group (XMG).
Multi-Lingual Glossary of Terms
• The ISO/TC 211 Multi-Lingual Glossary of Terms [ https://committee.iso.org/files/live/sites/tc211/files/documents/TC211_Multi-Lingual_Glossary-2016-06-28_Published.xls ] has been compiled from International Standards developed by ISO/TC 211. Its purpose is to encourage consistency in the use and interpretation of geospatial terms. It is being made freely available to all interested people and organizations.
ISO 19160-1 Addressing profiles
• ISO 19160-1 UML profiles [ http://standards.iso.org/iso/19160/-1/ ] for New Zealand, United States of America and South Africa are available.
Geospatial standardization Wiki
• Standards for fundamental geo-spatial datasets [ http://wiki.icaci.org/index.php?title=Standards ] wiki provides background information on geospatial standardization: a standard and different types of standards are defined; the development and implementation of standards are described; and key standards bodies for fundamental geospatial datasets are introduced.
ISO/TC211 Standards in Action workshops
• All ISO/TC 211 Standards in Action workshop presentations are available on LiveLink [ http://isotc.iso.org/livelink/livelink?func=ll&objId=18596311&objAction=browse&viewType=1 ].